Recently, there’s been talk about Talk Show Queen Oprah Winfrey running for President. Some folks say she should.
Haters say she shouldn’t.
I think she should run for President. Here’s five reasons why.
1. For better or worse, people already know Oprah: As Bernie Sanders ran for President, my late mother pointed out one flaw. She didn’t know who he was. Was that her fault? No, it was Sanders’ fault. If you want people to vote for you, you should reach out to them. Maybe, this is why Sanders suffered terribly among minority voters.
Just like minority voters knew where Hillary Clinton stood, they are also aware of where Oprah stands. Which goes into the next reason.
2. Oprah is a Democrat: For the past years, she always supported Democrat Presidents. Usually, under a Democrat, the economy has been good.
3. Oprah is a successful business person: Folks always ran off at the mouth about Trump being a successful business person. They claimed this was the reason Trump should be President. Being a successful business person means Trump could handle running the country. So, doesn’t being a successful business person make Oprah qualified?
Actually, Trump was born into a rich family, meaning he already had the money to start a business. Plus Trump has a history of bankruptcies.
Yet, Oprah rose from poverty and became one of the richest people in the world. I agree with Trump supporters. Anybody who knows about money should be trusted with handling the country’s economic affairs. Yet, I’m backing Oprah on this.
4. Oprah is an American citizen: When Obama was President, the right continued calling the man a foreigner. Yes, his father was Kenyan. Yet, Obama was born in the States. He even showed his birth certificate. Still, the right wouldn’t shut up. They continued calling Obama a socialist foreigner.
As for Oprah’s case? If being several generations Mississippian ain’t American, some folks are just being silly. Or racist. The lady is an American citizen. Being an American citizen makes Oprah qualified for President.
5. White women love Oprah: One of the huge reasons Hillary Clinton lost to Donald Trump? White women. Just like I mentioned in a previous blog, the majority of white women voted for a man who bragged about groping women.
Look at Oprah’s audience. Yes, you see diversity. Still, among the diversity, you see white women.
If white women love Oprah, she can’t lose.
These are my opinions and I’m sticking to them. Readers are free to express their own opinions in the comments section below.